Hello Guest

Part 1: What is “speaking in tongues”. Using Mark 14:30 as example.

• 0 Replies
Part 1: What is “speaking in tongues”. Using Mark 14:30 as example.
« on: Wednesday February 13, 2019, 10:50:36 PM »
There are several accounts of Peter denying the Lord three times. And of the several, three varying accounts have to do with him denying the Lord “before the rooster crow”. One account is in the gospel of Matthew, one in Mark, and one in Luke. I’m going to use the account in Mark because it’s more robust, it shows a whole pattern in scripture in a clear way.

Mark 14:30 And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice.

And this is written as a parable. A parable means that the surface of the scripture isn’t the message, the underlying spiritual meaning is the message. The surface of the scripture is natural meaning.  The surface can be read and understood with the natural mind, but interpretation of the spiritual meaning requires the mind of Christ. The surface causes the natural reader to think this account of Peter happened at night, there was a real rooster, the rooster really crowed two times, etc. And I’m not saying it didn’t naturally happen. What I’m saying is the spiritual interpretation of the same account is a different picture all together. The spiritual picture gives us the hidden meaning. Paul explains this:

1Cor 2:6-8 [context v7]  ...But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world...

Further, we know that Jesus spoke in parables to the people and Jesus was here that the scripture (old testament) would be fulfilled.

Matthew 13 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:  That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.
This was fulfilled from Ezekiel 20.

So we know that everything spoken by Jesus, and every event concerning Jesus in the gospels is written in a hidden language. New tongues. It’s written and spoken in “new or unknown tongues”. Unknown to the natural mind, but not unknown to the mind of Christ. The mind of Christ is our “new mind”, the natural mind is our “old mind”. Paul calls the old mind the carnal mind. But the mind of Christ supplies the interpretation to all these parables and unknown tongues, and when the interpretation is given it’s no longer unknown. It’s not the old way of thinking, it’s the new way. Comparing spiritual things with spiritual...or invisible with invisible.

Each and everyone of us has both the carnal mind and the mind of Christ. We are all double minded. It’s not a stable thought process. The mind we exercise most is the same one we use most often. If we want to understand any scripture we need to understand it using the mind of Christ.

We are going to pick up the interpretation concerning Peter in Mark 14:30 in part two.

But I’m requesting of any reader of this post, if everything concerning Jesus in the gospels is fulfilled from the the Old Testament,  then where does the account of Peter denying the Lord three times come from in the Old Testament? It’s there, it’s obvious, and it’s in the first Book of Samuel.

It’s also worth mentioning that there is a natural prayer language and a spiritual prayer language. The spiritual is also an unknown tongue, but that is a different topic.

« Last Edit: Friday February 15, 2019, 12:15:59 AM by The Rebel Shepherd »
It cannot be disputed, those things we do are a direct result of the thoughts we follow. Jesus said, Follow me.