Hello Guest

I want to learn the Bible, Where do I start?

• 1 Replies
I want to learn the Bible, Where do I start?
« on: Tuesday February 19, 2019, 04:32:18 PM »
Whether someone is new to scripture or not, the most important things to learn first are these:

1. Who is the Father?
2. What is the Fathers covenant (agreement) with mankind?

We all agreed to the covenant before we were naturally born. We signed the contract. It was our passport to the visible realm we live in. Go learn who the Father is and what the agreement is, and fulfill your end of the deal.

CLUE: We are looking for the invisible God in a visible world. It takes commitment and an act of God to accomplish. Just try...that’s the commitment. And if we try hard enough, our invisible God will “reveal” himself to us. That’s the act.

And IF we learn who the Father is, and what the agreement is that we signed, THEN the Father will sign the agreement also.  He is looking for a place to put his name. That place is YOU.

“Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.”

But understand, in this kingdom, the contract is a certificate of birth and a certificate of death. It is a synchronous contract. In means out, up means down, and life means death.
« Last Edit: Tuesday February 19, 2019, 04:56:13 PM by The Rebel Shepherd »
It cannot be disputed, those things we do are a direct result of the thoughts we follow. Jesus said, Follow me.

Re: I want to learn the Bible, Where do I start?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday March 12, 2019, 02:39:45 AM »
At age 68 about 6 months ago I purchased my very first bible.  First I looked for someone religious who was posting study videos relating to bible verses, and asked him what is the version of the bible most closely akin to the original Hebrew text.  He said the English Standard Version would be appropriate, and so that is what I obtained.

It's overwhelming, trying to read it solo without any guides or assistance, and so I checked out several YT channels that offer bible studies, and followed them along for several months to get the sense of it all.  And I had already watched several videos by Dr. Michael Heiser, the world renowned expert in all things biblical and Hebrew language related topics.  So thanks to him I already had a relaxed mindset leading into the studies because he makes it wonderfully clear that the bible was not written to us.  He said it was written to the people who lived at the time the apostles were living, telling them in detail of what will transpire with their future generations.

That's where so many people do get hung up.  They think the bible was written to tell them precisely how they should live, and they try to interpret those stories for 21st Century living.  Not at all, says Dr. Heiser.  They were tomes written to and for an ancient civilization warning of what the future would hold for their offspring if they did not get a clue and change their ways according to their Father in Heaven's wishes.  Watching his videos is a challenge because his lectures are directed to students who are serious students of biblical matters, who will become professionals for the most part, including ministers and pastors.  The language is very difficult to just follow along without hiccups, but he understands that as well and takes the time to interject humor and insight along the way.  In fact, I'd say I've learned more about the bible from him than any other channel I've followed.

And I don't limit myself to just the bible.  There are other ancient tomes such as the Book of Enoch and the Book of Jasher which should have been included in the bible, but the early church decided that they did not want them, so kept them out, mostly for political and power structural reasons.  However, they make a lot of sense, and are worth reading, although as I'm disabled with bad hands I find reading books difficult these days and try to find audio versions every chance possible.  Hope this helps.  Kitt Wulf